Thursday, February 28, 2013

New Job, New Scarf

I feel bad that I haven't been able to update my blog recently because I love writing about the topics on here, but I can't feel too bad because I have some exciting news.

I finally got a job.

I'll admit that it is just a part-time job at McDonalds, but it is really exciting to me at the moment. That is why I have been too exhausted to actually do much on here and why I haven't been updating nearly as much as I had been doing. This job will also give me time to do guilt-free research about finding a real career path that I can get started on and possibly go back to school for. Plus I will have a little bit of money to actually put into my savings so that I can save up to knit my Dr Who scarf that I have been wanting to do for a few years now.

Remember years ago when Brooklyn Tweed and Yarn Harlot were blogging about the Noro Striped Scarves and sent everybody back on the massive viral Noro Striped Scarf knitting once again? Then last year I got a couple of balls of Chroma from KnitPicks to make my version of the scarf. Well, I got my hands on a couple of balls of Noro Kureyon and they will turn into a brand new striped scarf. The colorways are 307 and 170. I only have a ball in each color and they say that the yardage on the balls are about 110 yards each, so I am thinking that I will have enough for a scarf but reading back over old posts, most people used four balls.

The only way to see for sure is to start knitting and see how far it gets me. If worse comes to worse, I will just have to get two more balls of yarn. The hard part will be getting the right colorways because the site we got these from refused to use the colorway numbers to describe the actual colorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment