Monday, July 28, 2014

Randomly on a Monday

Do you ever have one of those days were you want to blog, but you don't really have anything new (or much brainpower) to blog about something? Well, today is just one of those days. Even worse, today doesn't seem to want to be a list day either. So today's special "randomly" posts will be rather...well...random.

~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~
 
Don't eat bad avacados. You can tell that they are bad when you cut into them and the fruit is brown and yucky looking. Even if you think you can salvage the fruit inside, it is probably better not to do it anyway. On the opposite side, avocado milkshakes are perfectly yummy and delicious and will fill you up for hours!

~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~

If you are dehydrated, water will make it worse. Drink some Gatorade instead because it has electrolytes that will help you feel better faster. Orange Gatorade is my favorite flavor.

 ~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~
If you are reading a history book on knitting, then prepared to be tempted to knit something practical for yourself like the way your knitting foremothers did. Just don't be surprised if you suddenly want to knit laceweight yarn on super tiny needles to make an elegant business jacket that will probably take a half a year to make. Then get distracted by thoughts of argyle socks because that seems less crazy.

 ~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~

When you set yourself a deadline, make sure it is a reasonable one that can be managed. Avoid those ideas that you have that you are pretty sure you can do and then realize that deadline is only three days away.

~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~

I might have found a deep love for Evernote....now if only I can figure out how to use it effectively for knitting and spinning without it having getting into fights with Ravelry.

 ~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~~❤~

 Finally, I have set myself a book challenge for the rest of the year because I thought I wasn't reading enough books. I have committed to finishing five books by the end of the year and I have already finished one book. Since I normally get stuck reading the same thing over and over and over, I decided that it would be smart to ask you lovely readers with your wide and varied interests: what are your recommended reading books? Please comment below so I can find my next book!

3 comments:

  1. I was just wondering about avocados. I bought a bunch of them and some of them have indeed been brown and yucky inside. There is a find line between ripe and rotten.
    What sort of books do you read? I only see one book on your Goodreads shelf and I am not sure what to recommend to you based on that. Have your read any of the Yarn Harlot's books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, didn't reply to your comment directly. Short answer (long below) I've read mostly sci-fi and fantasy. ( including the Song of Ice and Fire set)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the Yarn Harlot's recent books. Mostly Knitting Rules! I read a fair amount of sci-fi and fantasy as well as some romance in highschool through college.

    ReplyDelete