Friday, November 23, 2012

Remembering Turkey Day

Thank you Clip Art for this cute graphic!
Many Americans spent yesterday feasting on turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, and cornbread. My family was no different from any other. Thanksgiving has went from a time of remembering to be thankful for what you have to just being a gigantic feast day. Among my peers, Thanksgiving Day is simply known as "Turkey Day" in honor of the giant turkeys many of us consume. While I love feast days, I wanted to take the time and write a list of things I am thankful for this year.


I am Thankful For:

1. My family for helping me get on my feet after graduation
2. My fiancee for being my rock
3. The ability to teach myself how to cook with quality ingredients
4. Teavivre for being an awesome tea company and letting me review teas on Steepster
5. The abundant amount of yarn in my stash that lets me knit even though my wallet is tight
6. Lolita bloggers being inspirational and beautiful
7. Being able to lose weight when I stop obsessing over it
8. Learning how to sew and quilt with minimal injury to my fingertips
9. Den of Angels for being a fantastic ball-jointed doll community
10. The ability to have patience with myself and to see myself as beautiful

Now, I'm going to go and figure out what type of leftovers my family and I can make out of our Turkey day feast. I wonder if we could have a turkey casserole next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment