Monday, August 13, 2012

The Downfall of the 30 Days of Blogging Challenge

On Tumblr, if you fall behind on a 30 Day Challenge, it is usually a short enough prompt on each day that you can catch up easily. Sadly, I am now more than three days behind on my challenge and there is no way to catch up and still keep up the quality.

I have learned something by doing this challenge. I remembered why I wanted to blog in the first place. I am excited about my knitting and I love sharing what I am doing. I don't mind messing up online because it shows new knitters that all knitters are not perfect and it is fine to make mistakes. We can learn how to fix them. It is the same with cooking and fashion.

I have also learned that I don't really like blogging every day, but I really like blogging multiple times a week. To keep up the pace of an every day thing starts feeling like work to me after a while and blogging is a fun thing for me. A happy pace for me is posting about four to six times a week depending on what I want to talk about.

Even though I completely fell down on my challenge because of some outside influences, I really love blogging and I am going to keep going at my own pace. I am going to start looking into lolita and other fashions more and I might include some fitness posts to help keep me motivated to work out on my own. I will probably post more about cooking when I do something new or interesting. But most of my blog will probably focus on crafting because I can pull whatever I am working on into both cooking and fashion.

If you find yourself stuck on blogging, try a challenge. It might help you in ways you don't expect. Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment