Wednesday, August 1, 2012

30 Days of Blogging Challenge

It is August and I have blogged a total number of eight times in the last eight months. I used to blog all of the time when I had my older blogs and I really enjoyed it. So, I am going to be doing something a little different this month. On Tumblr I enjoy doing 30 Days of Challenges, so why can't I do something similar with my normal blog? In essence, it would give me a prompt, it would help me start writing again, and hopefully it will provide you with a little bit of entertainment.

Each day will include these:

1. Theme: Knits, Food, or Frills with none of these repeating more than twice in a row
2. Quote of the Day
3. Picture of the Day

This means that the blog might look a little something like this:

Day 1:
1. Theme: Knits
2. Focus on Theme: Blankets
3. Knitting Quote of Day
4. Picture of a blanket

Day 2:
1. Theme: Food
2. Focus on Theme: Stir-Fry
3. Cooking Quote of Day
4. Picture of stir-fry

Day 3:
1. Theme: Knits
2. Focus on Theme: Baby Booties
3. Knitting Quote of Day
4. Picture of baby booties

Day 4:
1. Theme: Knits
2. Focus on Theme: Sewing
3. Knitting Quote of Day
4. Picture of sewing project

Day 5:
1. Theme: Frills
2. Focus on Theme: Nail Polish
3: Fashion/Beauty/Inspirational Quote of Day
4. Picture of nail polishes/nail art

And so on. As you can see, none of the topics repeat more than twice in a row. I am using the term "knits" to cover all crafting, "food" to cover all food/home/tea stuff, and "frills" to cover all fashion/beauty things.

I think this would be a very fun way to do this blog for a month and hopefully get me blogging more again. If anyone wants to have a fun challenge of their own, feel free to take my guidelines and manipulate them to your own blog theme. If you end up doing so, leave me a comment. It would be interesting to see what you do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment