Friday, June 1, 2012

Hermione for Him

The house is empty of animals because we are getting ready to take a last family vacation to Ohio. My brother is graduating high school today and he is very excited about that. We are all proud.

I feel like I haven't been doing much knitting-related because I have been working on the same projects that I started before my exams. Then I realized that I haven't blogged in a while and it is probably more exciting then I think it is.

My main knitting project is the socks I have been working on for my fiancee. It will be his very first pair of fine-gauge socks. I dug through my stash of sock yarns and decided that the most masculine color I had that wasn't grey was Kroy Socks FX in Clover Colors. Then I gave him a choice of three patterns and he picked out the Hermione Everyday Socks pattern. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite patterns because it is so easy to memorize and the texture makes the socks look really cool.

The first sock was lost for a while and we just found it yesterday. I have been unpacking from college and trying to get rid of some of the older stuff I have in my room that I don't have much use for now. In the middle of everything I managed to lose the first sock. I tried to remember how I had packed everything in the last moments of my dorm room. I didn't pack the first sock with the rest of my knitting because I had it hanging on one of my sock blockers to use as decoration. Most of the boxes were already unpacked and I had added more boxes filled with my old books to the pile of boxes remaining.

After two days of  looking for it, I was becoming a little frantic. I knew I was getting really close to being done with the second sock and I normally used the first sock for comparison. I didn't want to bring my sock blocker on the trip with us because it is a little difficult to pack and I am slightly paranoid about accidentally breaking it. The first sock would be easy to pack and easy to compare to the second sock. My fiancee and I were talking on the phone and I was worrying over all of this when he finally convinced me to look under the bed. I was sure it wasn't there, but I indulged him because he wouldn't stop pestering me about it. Sure enough, it was sitting under the bed in a box of cotton balls.

Next time I lose something, I just might look under the bed first. You never know what you will find.

3 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have a man who will wear colors. Everything I make for my boyfriend must be black or gray or very dark blue/green... It can be very dull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome!!! You are very lucky to have a man that will wear color and texture! KEEPER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermione's Everyday Socks are WONDERFUL! I really, truly love the socks I knit from that pattern. I didn't consider making a pair for my husband, but I think you may have inspired me to ask him if he would wear them!

    ReplyDelete