Saturday, September 27, 2014

Just a Relaxing Day


Today ended up being a pretty relaxing day. I took my brother to a hair appointment and ended up getting a little trim and style myself. My old hair stylist got another line of work at a better place (go girl!), but that means that I have to get a new one. I tried her replacement today and she is so much younger and styles differently. I'm not sure if I like the back yet, but I love how she styled the front. I don't think I'm going back to long hair for a little while.

I just love the berries out of the pattern I'm knitting for mom's sock. I never thought that doing little fake yarn over cables would be so easy and addicting. It is a little like magic. Pull one stitch over two others and then make a yarn over in the next row and ta da! A magic little cable with a hole in it.

This week:

Reading: The Black Swan by Mercedes Lackey. Finally started the book and it is interesting. I'm reserving judgement until I read a few more chapters.

Watching: Orange is the New Black. Whoever knew that prison drama would be this interesting? Only one more episode left in the season and I am interested to see how this season will end. Then I'll have to decide if I want to start something different or just focus on reading for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment